Acidic bodies are unhealthy bodies. When the body is acidic, it creates an unwanted environment where illness, bacteria, and yeast thrive.
When the body is overly acidic, the body takes minerals from vital organs and bones to neutralize the acid and remove it from the body. Because of this, the body’s mineral reserves such as calcium, sodium, potassium and magnesium can run dangerously low and cause damage that can go undetected for years, until it reaches unhealthy levels, causing acidosis.
Most of us are already consuming enough acid-forming foods, such as dairy, grains, meats and sugar. Since the body is constantly generating acidic waste products from the metabolism, those waste products need to be neutralized or excreted in some way. In order to neutralize the constant acid generation, we need to supply the body with more alkaline foods.
Health problems caused by poor pH balance:
- Immune deficiency
- Sciatica, lumbago, stiff neck
- Respiratory problems, shortness of breath, coughing
- Yeast fungal overgrowth
- Low energy and chronic fatigue
- Cardiovascular damage, including the constriction of blood vessels and reduction in oxygen
- Heart problems, arrhythmias, increased heart rate
- Weight gain, obesity, and diabetes
- Bladder and kidney infections
- Accelerated free radical damage
- Premature aging
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Osteoporosis, weak brittle bones, hip fractures, bone spurs
- Headaches, confusion, sleepiness
- Joint pain, aching muscles and lactic acid buildup
- Allergies, acne
How to become more alkaline:
- Drink a fresh green juice every single day.
- Drink the juice of half a lemon squeezed in a glass of warm water first thing in the morning (citrus fruits seem acidic but are actually very alkaline!)
- Eat a diet full of nutritious and alkaline vegetables and fruits.
- Stay away from all processed foods and fried foods which are extremely acidic.
- Avoid refined sugar like the plague, fresh fruits are okay.
- Drink quality water such as purified water or even better, fresh spring water (tap water usually has fluoride in it and is very toxic to the body, which your dentist may not tell you.)
- Use natural household cleaning agents such as diluted apple cider vinegar.
- Use natural bath and body product such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, toothpaste, mouthwash, lotions, facial creams and makeup. Commercial ones are made with chemicals that have a massive toxic load to the body and make you acidic.
- Eat more plant-based foods and opt for only grass-fed, organic animal products.
- Include more wheat grass, barley grass, kelp, cayenne, chlorella and spirulina in your diet.
- Mix ½ tsp of baking soda in a glass of water and drink daily .This may be the most effective and easiest way to bring your pH level up in alkalinity, so give it a try.
Source : fiitnessplus.com